- Rep. Paul Ryan has more than $5.4 million in his campaign account
- Romney’s campaign raised more than $1.2 million after announcing Ryan’s addition to the ticket
- Ryan opposes the 2010 financial regulation law that imposed new rules on an industry blamed for contributing to the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression (wants more deregulation)
- Lobbyists including the American Banking Association and the Financial Services Roundtable scheduled a fundraiser for Ryan’s leadership political action committee
- Lobbyists for lenders that make short- term loans online held a fundraiser for Ryan’s re-election campaign
Ryan’s budget proposal to end traditional Medicare for future generations would benefit private insurers!!!
- Insurance employees and political action committees have given $815,328 to Ryan’s election efforts over his career
- Wisconsin based private insurance Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. and related family have been donating more than $89,000 annually to Paul Ryan's campaign.
- Employees of the National Beer Wholesalers Association have been contributing $75,000 annually to Paul Ryan's campaign
Paul Ryan's Net Worth estimated between $927,100 and $3.2 million (2010)
Top Contributors: Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Northwestern Mutual, Home Depot Inc. (HD)
Ryan’s Prosperity PAC had $724,265 cash on hand at the end of June, according to FEC reports. His campaign account of more than $5 million can be turned over to the Republican National Committee; it can’t be used directly by Romney’s campaign.